I’m blessed with my health, wonderful people in my life, and I’ve been able to help others be more successful.
Unfortunately, it’s painfully obvious to all of us that millions of people around the world are struggling financially.
So, I decided to finish 2013 by writing a post to help others CRUSH 2014, and make it the best year of your life.
What I’m going to share with you may surprise you a little.
It’s not the usual “cut expenses, pay off your credit cards (you should of course), live like your poor and save every penny for retirement“.
Nope, my advice for increasing your prosperity in 2014 allowing you to create a better lifestyle for yourself and your family comes down to one word.
That word is a “System”.
You might be thinking “what the heck is Bryan talking about, a system”? Seriously?
Yep, if you think you can fumble your way to accidental success in 2014 in these economic times, well, I have news for you… it’s not going to happen unless you win the lottery or a family member leaves you a huge estate.
Every entrepreneur should have a system they follow daily, weekly, monthly, and annually. Period.
If you already have a system at work in your business, awesome! There might be room to improve it, make it more efficient, scalable, to produce better results.
Your system doesn’t need to be some complex rocket scientist diagram taped to your closet wall, it can be very simple and effective.
But think about it from this perspective – lets say (a real world example from one of my business ventures) you found a great product that millions of people need, and, it’s consumable so they are very likely to re-order it over and over again on a weekly, monthly, or yearly basis.
Following our formula for success you make a list of 75-100 people you know personally, or friends of friends, and you drop them into the system below.
- Create a written list of 75 friends or business contacts.
- Call them between 5-8 PM.
- Ask how they are doing and then tell them you have started a new business and ask them to write down the URL (this might go to a webpage you created).
- Tell them you will call them back later to get their opinion.
- When you call back ask them “what did you like best?” The answer will likely be a positive one.
- Ask them if they are interested in buying the product, if YES then sell it to them. If NO, ask if they would be interested in making money referring other people to the product (as an affiliate).
- Call them back in a week or two and see how they are doing, they may want to buy now.
- Refresh your list, add new people, and repeat steps 1-8 above!
Do you think you could generate a few sales a week? Possibly daily? And if those customers continue to buy your product for several months in a row you’ve just created a “residual income” stream.
The key point here is to create a system that you have the discipline to follow on a consistent basis that can change your financial situation very quickly.
This system could create a virtual lifestyle and put you right on the beach in some far away exotic place. Many entrepreneur friends of mine make a nice living using this simple formula.
So let me ask you a question… Do you want to change things, improve your situation, and bring prosperity to the ones you love? Then grab a cheap notebook, something to write with, and create a simple system for your business.
If you want to get a little more “techie”, there are several awesome free tools out there for Windows and MAC users. I use Skitch and MindNode frequently in my businesses.
As always, leave comments, share your stories and experiences using your system, and MOST importantly have a Happy New Year and go CRUSH 2014!